From a light ensemble to a deep destructive modulation effect, Blue Cat’s Chorus can just do anything, for free! The Chorus effect was originally designed to simulate several voices, just as if several persons were playing together the same notes, but with a variable delay between them. This is one of the typical effects that you can get with Blue Cat’s Chorus. But this plug-in also enables you to drastically change the original sound and create deep pitch modulation or crazy ‘bubbling’ effects. With the additional “Spread” control on the stereo version, the famous stereo widening and head spinning chorus effects are a few click away.
Tag Archives: plugin
CamelCrusher ~ Compressor | Distortion
CamelCrusher is a free ‘colouring’ multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
There’s also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter with buckets of resonance. Assign a MIDI controller and start tweaking!
Finally, let’s not forget the easiest-to-use compressor you’ll find anywhere. It can ‘phatten’ up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the ‘Amount’ knob! Find out more in the manual.
Best of all, CamelCrusher is available free of charge!
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with ‘Phat’ mode.
- Powerful ‘MIDI Learn’ function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration.”
Distorder ~ Audio Distortion Analyser
The Distorder is a psychoacoustic stand-alone or VST application to check audibility of various forms of linear and nonlinear distortions applied to a stereo audio signal, including an ABX tester.
In simpler words, it’s just a soft to be sure if you’re not completely deaf.
4Front E-Piano ~ Freeware DX-7 Piano Plugin
4Front E-Piano is a small single sound instrument without any settings that reproduces a timbre, which is similar to DX-7 type e-piano. It is available as VSTi for Windows, and as an AudioUnit, VSTi and RTAS for Mac (see enclosed readme file).
This instrument is small on memory and CPU usage and was found useful by many users and software developers as a plug&play e-piano module, which does not require any configuration or adjustment.
Though this goes without saying for professional users, I still had a frequent question on how to use this plugin from people, who are not familiar with this technolog. One should note, that to make use of this software a plugin hosting software is necessary, such as Topten Cantabile software. A MIDI keyboard is also preferred, as it is something almost essential to create a computer music these days.
There is also 4Front R-Piano, which replicates a different type of E-Piano.
TDR Kotelnikov ~ Wideband Dynamics Processor
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The concept is “proudly digital” in the sense that it doesn’t try to emulate any previously existing device. This is the original!
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode previews the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated, click free bypass (i.e. processing never interrupted)
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
TAP-plugins ~ LADSPA Linux Plugins
Tom’s Audio Processing plugins is a selection of LADSPA plugins for audio engineering on the Linux platform. Intended for use in a professional DAW environment such as Ardour, it includes high quality reverberation, echo, eq, limiter & more.tomscii.sig7.se/tap-plugins/index
Proximity ~ Changing Recording Depth Plugin
The plug-in is an easy to use distance “pan-pot” based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound source in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound
- Distance gain loss
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air
- Stereo width manipulation
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone
- Distance based early reflections
All models can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
Krush ~ Bit Crushing & Downsampling Plugin
With its bit crushing and downsampling algorithms, Krush combines the crispy taste of the digital realm with the warmth of its drive stage and analog modeled resonant filters. A modulation section allows you to quickly add extra life to the sound by modulating any parameter.
The sound palette produced by Krush ranges from the dirtiest digital effects to crunchy modulated colours, with all the classic and weirdest bit-crushing effects in between.
BitterSweet ~ Transient Designer
BitterSweet v3 is Flux:: acclaimed transient processor used by hundreds of thousands of users for audio transient management with the simple turn of a knob – Turning it to the Sweet side reduces the transients, and turning it to the Bitter side magnifies the transients – No dongle or license activation required – 100% Freeware!
- Up to 8 channels Input / Output
- Output Gain
- Controls the Output Gain at the end of the processing (-/+ 12 dB).
- Link to Output Gain – Compensates the Output Gain depending on the Transient Amount in order to achieve unity gain.
GClip ~ Wave-shaping Signal Clipper Plugin
Free VST audio effect plug-in download for music production, broadcasting and general audio editing.
- Clip peaks off audio with abrupt or smooth wave-shaping.
- Graph and waveform displays assist in setting the clip level according to the source material.
- Oversampling can be enabled to reduce aliasing.