GNUsound is a multitrack sound editor for GNOME 1 and 2.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) is a collection of open-source plugins currently compatible with LADSPA, LV2 and LinuxVST formats. The basic idea is to fill the lack of good and useful plugins under the GNU/Linux platform.
- Plugins available in LV2 format, native X11 UI is provided
- Plugins available in LADSPA format
- Plugins available in LinuxVST format, native X11 UI is provided
- Standalone plugins available as JACK applications, X11 UI is provided
- Highly-optimized source code for x86 and x86_64 architecture with support of SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and AVX instruction set
- Highly-optimized source code for ARMv7 architecture with support of NEON instruction set
- Source code and binaries are available for free download
Advanced GTK+ Sequencer is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel.
It’s designed to be highly configurable, you may add effects to its effect chain, add or remove audio channels/pads.
You may set up a fully functional network of engines, therefore exists a link editor for linking audio lines.
In conjunction with ags you need a realtime kernel and alsa support. `ags` uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that’s why you need at least a preemptible kernel.
- save or open Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer XML files with XPath support
- add or remove audio engines with adjustable audio channels and pads
- link channels with property dialog
- output panel, mixer, drum and matrix sequencer, soft synth and audio file player
- piano roll with basic notation editing supporting copy & paste
- adjustable BPM
- LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 support
- export to WAV, FLAC, OGG and others
- multiple sinks like Pulseaudio, JACK, ALSA and OSS
- automation editor
- waveform editor with copy & paste
- capture sound with AgsAudiorec machine
- MIDI instrument input
- import/export to Standard MIDI Files
- OSC content format support
- OSC server for remote control and monitoring
Carla is a fully-featured modular audio plugin host, with support for many audio drivers and plugin formats. It has some nice features like transport control, automation of parameters via MIDI CC and remote control over OSC.
Carla currently supports LADSPA (including LRDF), DSSI, LV2, VST2, VST3 and AU plugin formats, plus SF2 and SFZ file support. It uses JACK as the default and preferred audio driver but also supports native drivers like ALSA, DirectSound or CoreAudio.
There are 4 types of engine processing:
- Single-client: (JACK driver only)
Same as Multi-client, except that all JACK ports belong to a single master client.
This is needed when a setup doesn’t support multi-client JACK apps, such as LADISH.
- Multi-client: (JACK driver only)
Every single plugin is exposed as a new JACK client. Audio and MIDI ports are registered as needed.
Plugins are processed in order, from top to bottom.
Plugins with non-stereo audio channels are not supported, but a forced-stereo option is available for Mono ones.
Modular patchbay mode, just like in JACK Multi-client and many other modular applications.
Every plugin gets its own canvas group and ports allowing you to interconnect plugin audio and MIDI.
KVR Audio is a community and news site for popular Audio Plug-in formats and related subjects, such as sample libraries and mobile apps. Our mission is to supply up to date news to VST, AU, RTAS, DX and DSSI/LADSPA plug-in and iOS and Android App users in a friendly, up-front and timely manner.
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack is a program to design and implement multi-way speaker crossovers using any linux powered computer with a multi-channel sound card and a running desktop environment which uses Pulseaudio as it’s sound backend. It also uses a set of LADSPA plugins, namely ladspa-t5-plugins for the heavy lifting of DSP/audio processing. It’s written in python3 and uses QT as the windowing toolkit.
JAMin is the JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK) Audio Mastering interface. JAMin is an open source application designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams. It uses LADSPA for digital signal processing (DSP). JAMin is licensed under the GPL.
- Linear filters
- JACK I/O
- 30 band graphic EQ
- 1023 band hand drawn EQ with parametric controls
- Spectrum analyser
- 3 band peak compressor
- Lookahead brickwall limiter
- Multiband stereo processing
- Presets and scenes
- Loudness maximizer
VLevel keeps your music from making you jump out of your seat, and it keeps you from having to fiddle with the volume constantly. It’s different from other dynamic compressors because it looks ahead. You can think of VLevel as someone who knows your music by heart, and turns the volume up during quiet passages, but smoothly turns it back down when he knows a loud part is coming. It’s great for making CDs to listen to in your car, or to play background music on your computer.
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and mp3, with multichannel editing and LADSPA effects plugins.
Audacious is an open source audio player. A descendant of XMMS, Audacious plays your music how you want it, without stealing away your computer’s resources from other tasks. Drag and drop folders and individual song files, search for artists and albums in your entire music library, or create and edit your own custom playlists. Listen to CD’s or stream music from the Internet. Tweak the sound with the graphical equalizer or experiment with LADSPA effects. Enjoy the modern GTK-themed interface or change things up with Winamp Classic skins. Use the plugins included with Audacious to fetch lyrics for your music, to set an alarm in the morning, and more.