GNUsound is a multitrack sound editor for GNOME 1 and 2.
Sound Juicer is a CD ripping tool using GTK+ and GStreamer.
EasyTAG is a simple application for viewing and editing tags in audio files.It supports MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Opus, Ogg Speex, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio, and WavPack files. And it works under Linux or Windows.
- View, edit, write tags of MP3, MP2 files (ID3 tag with pictures), FLAC files (FLAC Vorbis tag), Ogg Opus files (Ogg Vorbis tag), Ogg Speex (Ogg Vorbis tag), Ogg Vorbis files (Ogg Vorbis tag), MP4/AAC (MP4/AAC tag), MusePack, Monkey’s Audio files and WavPack files (APE tag)
- Can edit more tag fields: title, artist, album, disc number, year, track number, comment, composer, original artist/performer, copyright, URL, encoder name and attached picture
- Auto tagging: filename and directory to automatically complete the fields (masks)
- Ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file
- Process selected files of the selected directory
- Ability to browse subdirectories
- Recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving…
- Can set a field (artist, title,…) to all other files
- Read and display file header information (bitrate, time,…)
- Auto completion of the date if a partial one is entered
- Undo and redo last changes
- Ability to process fields of tag and file name (convert letters into uppercase, lowercase,…
- Ability to open a directory or a file with an external program
- CDDB support using Freedb.org and Gnudb.org servers (manual and automatic search)
- A tree based browser or a view by artist & album
- A list to select files
- A playlist generator window
- A file searching window
- Straightforward and explicit interface
- Translations into many languages
- Written in C and using GTK+ for the GUI
- Packages available for Linux and Windows
- Fast and lightweight. Quick startup, no splash screen needed!
- Supports Opus, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, mp3 and mp4 (AAC and Apple Lossless)
- Gapless playback and Replaygain support (Ogg Vorbis, Opus, FLAC and mp3 with APE tags).
- Support for cover art embedded in tag or as separate file on disk.
- Subscribe to Podcasts (rss) using the built in podcast manager.
- Tag editing and powerful file renaming capability.
- Filters / Smart Playlists
- Smart sorting with user configurable leading word filter to prevent sorting on common words like the, a or an.
- Support for playlists. Playlists may be played in a certain configurable order, or browsed through like the main music library.
- Import / export music library and playlists to XSPF, PLS, M3U, Extended M3U or CSV.
- Clipboard & DND (drag-and-drop) support to arrange playlists and dragging to and from Gnome / kde applications.
- Clean and fast database backend using SQLite 3.
- Written using FOX, one of the fastest GUI toolkits available.
- Last.fm and libre.fm audio scrobbler support.
- Translated in Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Decibel Audio Player is a GTK+ open-source (GPL) audio player for GNU/Linux. It is very straightforward to use thanks to a clean and user-friendly interface. It is especially targeted at Gnome and follows the Gnome HIG.
Decibel Audio Player is built around a highly modular structure that lets the user disable completely the features he does not need. A disabled feature uses absolutely no memory and no processor time.
Decibel Audio Player is a real audio player and does not include features that are not meant to be part of an audio player. These features, such as tagging files or burning CDs, generally have a better support in dedicated software. If you are looking for an audio player that can make coffee, then you should stay away from Decibel and give a try to other players (e.g., Amarok, Exaile).
Lollypop is a modern music player for GNOME
- Artist bio, lyrics Artist bio, lyrics: Get artists and tracks information from the web.
- Intuitive browsing: Walk through your collection by genres/artists and through albums artwork.
- Play many audio formats: mp3, mp4, ogg, and flac
- Cover art downloader: Automatic artwork downloader from Last.fm, Itunes and Spotify.
- MTP devices: Sync your music with Android phones and any mtp devices…
- Fullscreen view: Visual access from your couch
- Party mode: Let Lollypop choose music for you.
- Native replaygain support.
- Search in your collection by artist, album and title.
Nuvola (Linux) Apps are web apps running in Nuvola Apps Runtime that provides them with more native user experience and richer desktop integration features than standard web browsers can offer. Nuvola specializes in music streaming services and offers background playback, handling of media key, integration with media player applets, Last.fm scrobbling, lyrics fetching, and much more.
Although Nuvola should work in all Linux desktop environments, we currently test only GNOME (Ubuntu, Fedora), Unity (Ubuntu), and Pantheon (elementaryOS). We hope to explore other desktops in the future.
Digital audio restoration of CD quality audio wave files. Dehiss, declick and decrackle in a GUI environment.
The goals are simple — denoise, dehiss and amplify audio files. With the use of libsndfile, you can now do this on a multitude of audio formats, wav, au, aiff, …
Clean up your needle drops!