- Free and Open Source software.
- Converts Audible proprietary .aax files to plain .mp3 or .m4a/.m4b.
- Also offers basic support for older .aa files.
- Windows application, with all the classic features of the Windows eco-system.
- Requires activated Audible Manager/App or personal activation code.
- Processing Modes:
- One output file per input file.
- Multiple output files per input file, divided by chapter.
- Multiple output files per input file, divided by chapter and further split into shorter tracks of roughly equal length.
- Multiple output files per input file, split into shorter tracks of roughly equal length, ignoring chapters.
- Creates additional playlist if more than one output file is created per book.
- Handles books with multiple parts.
- Manages and preserves all meta-tag information.
- Supports named chapters, for .aax files downloaded with the Audible App.
- Can adjust inaccurate chapter marks.
- Allows customization of output naming: files, folders and tags.
- Delegates all audio processing to powerful FFmpeg, including DRM handling.
- High performance: Utilizes all available processor cores to run conversion work in parallel.
- Optionally copies original .aax file to a new location after the conversion, with a customizable name.
- Automatically launches default media player after conversion has completed.
- Log facility, optional, to record program activity, activated with program argument.
- Online update function: Will automatically scan the website for a new version, download and install it.
- .Net Framework application, written in C# with Windows Forms, the Task Parallel Library and other goodies from language and framework.
- Incorporating a number of snippets from the Open Source community.
A cross-platform, multi-format audio conversion and tagging suite for .NET and PowerShell. Formats currently supported are MP3, MP4 AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), Opus, Ogg Vorbis and Wave.
A full user interface (Windows only) is in development.
This project supplants PowerShell Audio by targeting both Windows PowerShell and PowerShell Core (Windows, Linux and MacOS).
Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
The primary platform for running Ecasound is GNU/Linux. Ecasound can also be run on many UNIX-derived systems such as FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris. Limited support for Windows is available through Cygwin.
- Easy to use and clean user interface.
- Hide the advanced options with the ability to show them.
- Convert to more than 100 different formats.
- Allow to edit formats.
- Shutdown or suspend PC afer a conversion process.
- Show file informations (duration, remaining time, estimated size, progress value).
- Show file details using mediainfo.
- Allow to skip or remove file during conversion process.
- Preview file before conversion.
mp3tomid chung is a realtime free polyphonic high quality mp3 audio to MIDI converter written in freebasic with fbsound. It converts mp3 files to polyphonic piano MIDI data sent to the chosen MIDI out port, connected for example to a MIDI recorder to produce MIDI files, or to the onboard PC MIDI mapper for direct listening.
- converts mp3 files to MIDI in realtime
- compatible with freemp3_chung & mp3_chung playlists (.mp3list files)
- include 3 band equalizer, autovol+compressor, speed control for the mp3 input
- auto pitch lock
- written in compiled freebasic and uses fbsound to handle mp3 files
- source code (.bas .bi freebasic files) is included in the zip file
- can run on a small netbook with Windows 7
- can export to MIDI files
- works with Windows 10 64 bits
A Mac OSX GUI frontend for open source audio codecs. There is an older Windows version available as well.
Website that cuts, converts or merges a file. Supports multiple audio formats.
AIMP is a full-featured free music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Over twenty audio formats are supported. This is one of the best music players you can find on the Internet.
Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert an audio CD to MP3,OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
- totally FREE music player
- Support for a large number of music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC / MP+, AAC, AC3, Ogg, FLAC,APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Real functionality and an intuitive interface
- 18-band EQ and built-in sound effects: Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit audio processing in order to achieve the best quality
- Support for usage of multiple playlists at once
- Support for functionality enhancement modules ~ You can add new features and expand existing, connect such plugins as Input, Gen, DSP from Winamp
- Shutting down the computer ~ You can sleep under favorite music, setting the timer to switch off the computer.
- Online radio ~ Listen and save!
- Creation of bookmarks and playback queue
- Hotkeys ~ Set up local and global hotkeys to your taste!
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode ~ Several users are using one computer? That’s not a problem.
- Full Unicode support
- File search ~ Search files on all open playlists
- Flexible program settings
- Small size of program distribution
- Audio Converter ~ Allows you to convert music from a variety of formats to wma, mp3, wav, ogg.
- Audio Grabber ~ You can convert an audio CD (CDA) to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA.
- Sound Recorder ~ you to write sound from any audio device in your system and save as mp3, ogg, wav and wma files.
- Tag Editor ~ You can easily edit tags of audio files, rename group of files, sort out by required template or apply tags’ values to a group of files.
- Audio Library ~ Represents the organizer of music files, which allows you to easily sort your music and mark listened to audio.
VU Meter Skins:
Online database that compares the performance of common sample rate converters.