From a light ensemble to a deep destructive modulation effect, Blue Cat’s Chorus can just do anything, for free! The Chorus effect was originally designed to simulate several voices, just as if several persons were playing together the same notes, but with a variable delay between them. This is one of the typical effects that you can get with Blue Cat’s Chorus. But this plug-in also enables you to drastically change the original sound and create deep pitch modulation or crazy ‘bubbling’ effects. With the additional “Spread” control on the stereo version, the famous stereo widening and head spinning chorus effects are a few click away.
Tag Archives: AAX
TDR Kotelnikov ~ Wideband Dynamics Processor
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The concept is “proudly digital” in the sense that it doesn’t try to emulate any previously existing device. This is the original!
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode previews the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated, click free bypass (i.e. processing never interrupted)
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
Krush ~ Bit Crushing & Downsampling Plugin
With its bit crushing and downsampling algorithms, Krush combines the crispy taste of the digital realm with the warmth of its drive stage and analog modeled resonant filters. A modulation section allows you to quickly add extra life to the sound by modulating any parameter.
The sound palette produced by Krush ranges from the dirtiest digital effects to crunchy modulated colours, with all the classic and weirdest bit-crushing effects in between.
BitterSweet ~ Transient Designer
BitterSweet v3 is Flux:: acclaimed transient processor used by hundreds of thousands of users for audio transient management with the simple turn of a knob – Turning it to the Sweet side reduces the transients, and turning it to the Bitter side magnifies the transients – No dongle or license activation required – 100% Freeware!
- Up to 8 channels Input / Output
- Output Gain
- Controls the Output Gain at the end of the processing (-/+ 12 dB).
- Link to Output Gain – Compensates the Output Gain depending on the Transient Amount in order to achieve unity gain.
GSatPlus ~ Freeware Saturation Plugin
GSat+ is derived from the saturation module on the TBProAudio CS5501V2 channel strip plug-in, but adds extra features requested and suggested by the Gearspace.com team. It has several different saturation modes, high tweakability, oversampling, old-school VU meters and cross-platform software compatibility – as well as a button to take you directly to Gearspace.com in case you need any tips, tricks or inspiration or want to swap presets with other users.
- Saturation with three different “tube-based” character modes
- Clip protection
- VU meters
- Signal monitoring
- Over sampling
- Plug-in bypass
- Preset management
- Large and easy to use freely-scalable GUI
- 64-bit internal processing
- Very efficient CPU usage design
ISOL8 ~ Mix Monitoring Tool
ISOL8 divides the frequency range into 5 bands.
These 5 bands can be soloed or muted individually. This will help you to concentrate on certain frequency ranges during the mixing and mastering process.
On top you can use ISLO8 as a flexible multi-band splitter with following complex plugin chains. The split signal can finally be mixed together.
Isol8 is originally designed to be used on the master track, but it can also be used on individual audio track busses.
- 5 adjustable frequency bands
- solo/mute function for each band individually
- Linkwitz-Riley crossover filter design
- 24/48dB/Oct filter slope
- multiple filter channel modes (Stereo/Left/Right/Mid/Side)
- multiple monitor modes (Stereo/Left/Right/Mid/Side)
- in-place or centered monitoring
- swap left/right channel
- adjustable output level
- loudness dim function
- keyboard control
- multi channel split
- large and easy to use GUI
- free GUI scaling
- 64-bit internal processing
sTiltV2 ~ Freeware Linear Phase Equalizer
sTilt is a linear / natural phase and IIR filter which tilts the audio spectrum around a given center frequency
- distortion free processing engine
- adjustable slope from -6dB/Oct to +6dB/Oct
- adjustable center frequency
- 5 quality modes: low, eco, medium, high, max
- 3 filter modes: linear phase, natural phase and zero delay
- unit auto-gain
- switchable clip protection
- sample exact A/B comparison
- stereo / left / right / mid / side channel selection
- flexible channel monitoring
- output gain
- signal mixing
- free GUI scaling
Note: This plugin adds significant latency to the audio path, which is usually compensated by DAW (PDC).
TAL-NoiseMaker ~ Virtual Analog Synthesizer
TAL-NoiseMaker is a virtual analog synthesizer with great sound and low CPU usage.
- 3 Oscillators
Osc 1, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, pulse, noise).
Osc 2, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, rectangle, triangle, sine).
Sub Osc (rectangle).
- Osc 1 PM for pulse waveform.
- Osc 2 FM controled by Osc 1.
- Osc 1 & Osc 2 sync to sub osc (saw, pulse, rectangle, triangle(bipolar sync)).
- Adjustable master tune and transpose.
- Up to 6 voices.
- Portamento in mono and poly mode (off, auto, on).
- Ringmod modulates Osc 1 with Osc 2
- Self resonating 4x oversampled filters (24 dB LP, 18 dB LP, 12 dB LP, 6 dB LP, 12 dB HP, 12 dB BP, Notch)
- Filter ADSR (negative and positive)
- Volume ADSR
- Routable ADSR, modulates Filter, Osc 1, Osc 2, PW, FM (negative and positive)
- 2 LFO’s with different running modes: free, sync to host, triggered by note.
Modulates filter, osc 1, osc 2, fm, pw, lfo rate, panorama and volume.
Sine, triangle, saw square, s&h, noise.
Positive and negative modulation.
- Adjustable Velocity dependent control over volume filtercontour and cutoff.
- Adjustable Pitch Wheel control over Cutoff and Pitch.
- One pole HP filter.
- Detune, detunes notes randomly.
- Juno chorus with different modes.
- A built in reverb.
- A built in delay.
- Adjustable filter drive.
- Bitcrusher, affects osc 1 and osc 2. Its a pre the filter stage effect.
- Midi learn for all knobs.
- Panic button.
- Easy to use, no hidden panels.
- 256 great presets (Presets by Frank “Xenox” Neumann / Particular – Sound, The Unshushable Coktor, Alexandra Sendy, TAL, Patrick Kunz).
TX16Wx ~ Software Sampler
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support
- Built-in file browser with sound playback and wave/program preview
- Fully skinnable
- Program icons
- Dual playback engine
- Direct from disk – supports massive sample sizes
- RAM playback – sample accurate loop modulation
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation
- 128 voice polyphony
- Two 6/12/24 dB resonant filters per voice
- Low-, high, band- and all-pass
- Notch, peak, low- and high shelf
- Two sync-able LFO per voice
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice
- Three Step Sequencers per voice
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice
- Three-way cross modulation (variable modulation strength)
- Variable keyboard scales
- Multiple trigger modes
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation
- 8 choke groups per program
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation
- Polyphonic glide
- Multiple glide modes
- Polyphony limit per channel
- VST micro tuning support
- Built-in oscillators
- Multiple waveforms.
- Pulse width modulation.
- Mix synthesized and sampled content.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping
- Actually Samples!* Record audio straight into the sampler from host (Requires routing/input capable host).
- Built-in MIDI generator and automatic sample cutter for quick re-sampling of external or internal content
- Automatic pitch detection
- Loop tools
- Loop auto detector
- Loop overlay
- Non-destructive, interactive loop cross fading
- Multiple loop definitions per wave
- Individual loops for sustain/release per mapping
- Trim, cut, duplicate
- Pitch detection
- Tempo detection
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic sample layout
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit
- Cut & paste or drag and drop move and copy between groups and programs
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks
- Multiple outputs
- 12 Stereo outputs, 8 of which can be switched to mono
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums)
- 16 mappable controllers for modulation
- 128 mappable VST parameters for modulation
- All sound parameters can be automated or mapped to MIDI controllers
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2
- SFZ Files
- Logic EXS
- Akai AKP
- Ogg Vorbis
- Typhoon compressed AIFC files
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory
- Low CPU usage
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- Multi platform
- MacOSX 10.7+ AU/VST2 (64bit)/VST3 (64bit)/AAX
- Windows 7+ VST/VST3/AAX support
- 64-bit support
- Nice sound!
TDR Nova ~ Cross-platform Equalizer Plugin
NOVA is a parallel dynamic equalizer. Appearing in the familiar layout of a parametric equalizer, each band also includes a full featured dynamics section allowing the processor to cover an impressively wide range of applications. Be it a master lacking density, the drum bus asking for more crispiness, or a sibilance problem in your perfect take: NOVA has an elegant answer.
A user friendly WYSIWYG drag and drop display paired with a classic “knob” interface gives quick and smooth access to the various parameters driving NOVA’s powerful processing capabilities. With its four dynamic EQ bands and additional high-pass and low-pass filter sections, NOVA can meet the most exotic demand. Intuitive equal loudness functions help finding the optimal setting without getting distracted by loudness differences.
In practice, the processor covers a whole bucket of tasks:
- Parametric equalization
- Dynamic equalization
- Frequency selective compression
- Multi-band compression
- Wideband compression
Of course NOVA features all helpers and workflow enhancements you’ve come to expect in a TDR plugin: A preset manager, undo/redo, A/B, detailed documentation, copy & paste, and much more.