Qsampler is a linuxsampler GUI front-end application written in C++ around the Qt4 toolkit using Qt Designer. For the moment it just wraps the client interface of LinuxSampler Control Protocol (LSCP)
Psycle is a Music tracker (like FastTracker 2 or Impulse Tracker) combined with plugin modularity. It supports its own plugin API, the VST2 plugin standard, and a tracker style sampler playback.https://sourceforge.net/projects/psycle
SoundTracker is a music tracking tool for Unix / X11 similar in design to the DOS program FastTracker and the Amiga legend ProTracker. Samples can be lined up on tracks and patterns which are then arranged to a song. Supported module formats are XM and MOD; the player code is the one from OpenCP. A basic sample recorder and editor is also included. SoundTracker is free (“open source”) software, licensed under the GNU GPL.
Aural Probe is a sample librarian tool for computer musicians / audio engineers. Automatically and non-destructively index your disorganised sample collection from a list of folders into categories (kick, snare, hihats etc.) based on folder/filename wildcard matches. Easily audition samples, load/save favourites, and drag-and-drop straight into your sequencer.
- Categorize your huge sample collections (20GB+) without moving a single file
Create categories based on file/folder keyword matches (eg. Kick category = “bd”, “kick”, “bassdrum”) or regular expressions
- Quickly audition through samples with arrow keys or mouse
- Filter samples by file type (WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3, WMA, OGG)
- Full drag-and-drop support (simply drag a sample from Aural Probe into your sequencer/sampler, just like Windows Explorer)
- Mark favorites, filter by favorites, load/save favorite lists
- Automatic rescan and categorization of samples on changed categories or sample folder layout
- See details about highlighted sample in status bar
- ‘Always on top’ mode to make frequent dragging of samples into other windows easier
- Right-click a sample for frequently used shortcuts (Explore, Copy, Copy Shortcut, Favorite, Delete)
- 100% read-only – does not move/modify your samples, just indexes them
Minimize to system tray
Online database that compares the performance of common sample rate converters.
Start making music in the cloud. Audiotool is a powerful online music production studio right in your browser. All crafted with lots of love for the small details.
www.audiotool.com ~ may be slow to load the first time
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac and Windows for production use and live sets.
drumkv1 is an old-school all-digital drum-kit sampler synthesizer with stereo fx.
samplv1 is an old-school all-digital polyphonic sampler synthesizer with stereo fx.
- a pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non Session management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- a LV2 instrument plug-in. (URI: samplv1.sourceforge.net/lv2)
synthv1 is an old-school all-digital 4-oscillator subtractive polyphonic synthesizer with stereo fx.