ScoreDate is your date with the music! It is open source software written in Java that helps musicians learn to read music; it also helps with ear training. It is suitable for any skill level, from beginner to professional; from slow training to first sight reading.
- Notes in line exercise
- Rhythms exercise
- Score reading exercise
- Ear training exercise with 4 levels of difficulty
- Exercises – Creation, edit, save and playback
- Statistics with monthly and daily view
- Supports of 4 clefs: Violin, Bass, Alto, Tenor, with a maximum of 2 at the same time
- Supports of notes: Whole, half, dotted half, quarter, dotted quarter, eighth, triplets, pauses
- Selection of the notes range for each clef. Maximum of 4 additional lines above and below the staff
- Virtual piano, to exercise without having external devices
- Chords, intervals and accidentals exercise
- Learning mode, that shows the name of the note or the chord displayed on the staff
- Realtime playback supporting ASIO, WDMKS, DirectSound, Jack, ALSA, OSS
- Translated in 15 languages
sc68 is an Atari ST and Amiga music player.
The sc68 is a Atari-ST and Amiga music player. It comes as a command line music player as well as libraries for developers and various plugins for well know programs.
Audio, video and CD/DVD player that uses DirectShow technology. It can read (but not modify) ID3/Ogg/APE/WMA tags and show sub/srt/aqt/dks subtitles. CD information can be obtained from freedb, CD-TEXT or cdplayer.ini and submitted to freedb.
- custom playback speed, single frame step, capture frame
- you can change subtitles color, size, font, vertical position
- no gap between audio tracks
- save audio to WAV file
- two visualizations – spectrum and oscilloscope
Helm runs in GNU/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows. Run Helm as a standalone synthesizer or as an LV2, VST, VST3 or AU plugin. Comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
GNUitar is guitar effects software that allows you to use your PC as guitar processor. It includes the following effects: wah-wah, sustain, distortion, reverberator, echo, delay, tremolo, vibrato, and chorus/flanger.
TiMidity++ is a software synthesizer. It can play MIDI files by converting them into PCM waveform data; give it a MIDI data along with digital instrument data files, then it synthesizes them in real-time, and plays. It can not only play sounds, but also can save the generated waveforms into hard disks as various audio file formats.
TiMidity++ is a free software, distributed under the terms of GNU general public license.
- Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
- Understands SMF, MOD, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI
- Converts MIDI files into various audio file formats: .wav, .au, .aiff, .ogg and so on
- Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and/or SoundFonts as the voice data
- Displays information about the music that is now playing
- Various user interfaces: ncurses, gtk, Win32-GUI, and others
- Plays remote MIDI files over the network
- Plays MIDI files in archive files
- Displays sound spectrogram for the playing music
- Trace playing