AirPlay, Audio CD, Bluetooth, Multi-room, Spotify Connect, UPnP, DSP
Tag Archives: raspberry
RaspyFi ~ Headless Audio Player
RaspyFi is an open source linux distribution. It will transform your Raspberry Pi into an audiophile source, in 10 minutes without hassles. It comes ready to play, and it’s compatible with almost every USB DAC available. You can consider it as a Voyage-MPD version for Raspberry Pi. But it’s simpler to use and it has several other functionalities!
With RaspyFi you’ll be able to play your music library directly from an USB Storage or from your NAS. You can also listen to your favourite web-radios and scrobble your favourite tunes from Spotify, Last.fm and Soundcloud. You will be amazed about the sound quality! RaspyFi’s core feature is this. We are trying to get every bit of your music to play as accurate as can be, optimizing every aspect of the system.
RaspyFi supports asynchronous playback to take advantage of the latest DACS, it features a nice webgui you can use to configure it without hassles and to play your library from your pc, your smartphone or your tablet.
You can connect your little Raspberry Pi to your Audio System, sit on your couch, use your favourite device (Win,Mac,Android,iOS) as a remote control and enjoy your music as it is. With RaspyFi your Pi never sounded so good!
Updated to: Volumio ~ Headless Audiophile Player
Stargate ~ Open Source Digital Audio Workstation
Stargate is an all-in-one DAW and plugin suite, designed to be a comprehensive solution for music production, with a focus on providing unique and innovative features, especially for EDM production.
- A digital audio workstation (DAW) with a powerful pattern-based workflow
- A comprehensive suite of built-in instrument and effect plugins
- A basic wave editor
- Powerful track routing matrix with easy sidechaining
- Modular mixer architecture. Mixer channels are a type of plugin that can be chosen per track send, mix and match plugins, or skip them when not needed
- Runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, x86 and ARM. Can be ported to other platforms if there is sufficient demand
- Everything you need to create music in a single package, no need to install additional software
- Revolutionary CPU efficiency for DAW and plugins, minimum recommended hardware: Raspberry Pi 4, or a 15 year old laptop with a dual core CPU, 1GB of RAM and a 720p display.
- Support for display resolution from 720p to 4k and above.
- Optional portable flash drive install on Windows and MacOS
- Broad audio and MIDI hardware support using Portaudio and Portmidi
LMS Plugins ~ Extend Logitech Media Server
LMS is an open source multi-room audio system. It was created by SlimDevices and then acquired by Logitech. Although Logitech has ended development of hardware devices, the project is still very active with lots of plugin released regularly. New hardware players can be added using PI devices and DAC boards to build high-quality multi-room systems.
I’ve created some extra plugins, especially to include new standard hardware / players to the LMS ecosystem: UPnP/DLNA (Sonos), ChromeCast and AirPlay.
musikcube ~ Terminal-based Audio Client Server
Cross-platform, terminal-based audio engine, library, player and server written in c++.
Musikcube compiles and runs easily on Windows, macOS and Linux. It also runs well on a raspberry pi with raspbian, and can be setup as a streaming audio server.
Volumio ~ Headless Audiophile Player
Volumio is an headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity. Volumio runs on most embedded devices (Raspberry Pi, UDOO, Odroid, Cubieboard, Beaglebone, Pine64, Allo Sparky…) and on any ordinary PC (x86).
Volumio is a free and open source Linux distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. It runs on a variety of devices, typically small and inexpensive computers like the Raspberry PI, but also on low power PCs, notebooks or thin clients.
By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of these platforms, it will then become an headless audiophile music player. Headless means that the only way to control it will be with another mobile phone, computer or tablet.
This is made possible by Volumio’s User Interface: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows for an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. All communications between the web app and Volumio will happen through your home network.
XiX ~ Open Source Music Player
XiX Player is a free, easy to use, multi-platform music player that currently runs in Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS Intel
- Supports the following file formats: MP3, OGG, M4A (non-DRM), AAC, FLAC, OPUS, APE, DFF, WAV
- Play & rip your CDs to MP3 or FLAC with CD-Text and CDDB support.
- Rip DVD tracks to MP3 or FLAC. Needs mplayer.
- See albums the chosen artist is on and vice versa.
- Create and use playlists.
- Online radio stations + presets.
- Record online radio stations.
- Schedule Radio station recordings.
- Listen to & download podcasts.
- Play license free audio from the Internet Archive.
- Show the lyrics and CD covers of the song being played.
- Shuffle and repeat.
- Reverse play.
- Crossfading & trimming.
- Rate your songs.
- EQ + FXs (Flanger, Echo & Reverb).
- Set EQ & trim for individual songs.
- Copy, delete or rename files.
- Change ID3 tag (only for MP3/OGG/FLAC/APE).
- Multiple tagging / renaming.
- Theme support (Basic).