LMS is an open source multi-room audio system. It was created by SlimDevices and then acquired by Logitech. Although Logitech has ended development of hardware devices, the project is still very active with lots of plugin released regularly. New hardware players can be added using PI devices and DAC boards to build high-quality multi-room systems.
I’ve created some extra plugins, especially to include new standard hardware / players to the LMS ecosystem: UPnP/DLNA (Sonos), ChromeCast and AirPlay.
Cross-platform, terminal-based audio engine, library, player and server written in c++.
Musikcube compiles and runs easily on Windows, macOS and Linux. It also runs well on a raspberry pi with raspbian, and can be setup as a streaming audio server.
Volumio is an headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity. Volumio runs on most embedded devices (Raspberry Pi, UDOO, Odroid, Cubieboard, Beaglebone, Pine64, Allo Sparky…) and on any ordinary PC (x86).
Volumio is a free and open source Linux distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. It runs on a variety of devices, typically small and inexpensive computers like the Raspberry PI, but also on low power PCs, notebooks or thin clients.
By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of these platforms, it will then become an headless audiophile music player. Headless means that the only way to control it will be with another mobile phone, computer or tablet.
This is made possible by Volumio’s User Interface: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows for an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. All communications between the web app and Volumio will happen through your home network.
XiX Player is a free, easy to use, multi-platform music player that currently runs in Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS Intel
- Supports the following file formats: MP3, OGG, M4A (non-DRM), AAC, FLAC, OPUS, APE, DFF, WAV
- Play & rip your CDs to MP3 or FLAC with CD-Text and CDDB support.
- Rip DVD tracks to MP3 or FLAC. Needs mplayer.
- See albums the chosen artist is on and vice versa.
- Create and use playlists.
- Online radio stations + presets.
- Record online radio stations.
- Schedule Radio station recordings.
- Listen to & download podcasts.
- Play license free audio from the Internet Archive.
- Show the lyrics and CD covers of the song being played.
- Shuffle and repeat.
- Reverse play.
- Crossfading & trimming.
- Rate your songs.
- EQ + FXs (Flanger, Echo & Reverb).
- Set EQ & trim for individual songs.
- Copy, delete or rename files.
- Change ID3 tag (only for MP3/OGG/FLAC/APE).
- Multiple tagging / renaming.
- Theme support (Basic).