ReZound aims to be a stable, open source, and graphical audio file editor primarily for, but not limited to, the Linux operating system.
An open source software drum machine for Windows that allows the editing, playback, and mixdown of complete drum scores using audio samples in a variety of formats (WAV, OGG, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, WMA). Mixdown to WAV audio supported.
Snd is a sound editor modelled loosely after Emacs. It can be customized and extended using either s7 (included in the Snd sources), Ruby, or Forth. Snd is free; the code is available via anonymous FTP as Snd tarball.
EasyTAG is a simple application for viewing and editing tags in audio files.It supports MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Opus, Ogg Speex, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio, and WavPack files. And it works under Linux or Windows.
- View, edit, write tags of MP3, MP2 files (ID3 tag with pictures), FLAC files (FLAC Vorbis tag), Ogg Opus files (Ogg Vorbis tag), Ogg Speex (Ogg Vorbis tag), Ogg Vorbis files (Ogg Vorbis tag), MP4/AAC (MP4/AAC tag), MusePack, Monkey’s Audio files and WavPack files (APE tag)
- Can edit more tag fields: title, artist, album, disc number, year, track number, comment, composer, original artist/performer, copyright, URL, encoder name and attached picture
- Auto tagging: filename and directory to automatically complete the fields (masks)
- Ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file
- Process selected files of the selected directory
- Ability to browse subdirectories
- Recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving…
- Can set a field (artist, title,…) to all other files
- Read and display file header information (bitrate, time,…)
- Auto completion of the date if a partial one is entered
- Undo and redo last changes
- Ability to process fields of tag and file name (convert letters into uppercase, lowercase,…
- Ability to open a directory or a file with an external program
- CDDB support using Freedb.org and Gnudb.org servers (manual and automatic search)
- A tree based browser or a view by artist & album
- A list to select files
- A playlist generator window
- A file searching window
- Straightforward and explicit interface
- Translations into many languages
- Written in C and using GTK+ for the GUI
- Packages available for Linux and Windows
Speedy MIDI is an editor designed for choirs and singers to quickly generate MIDI files for rehearsal.
Focus is on fast and easy note entry
If the quality of the sheet music is too low for scanning, Speedy MIDI is an interesting alternative to other MIDI or notation editors. Use the mouse piano for input, or an external MIDI keyboard.
Cell raster technique
Note lengths are entered in multiples of the current cell length.
Thus entering dotted notes or ties is not needed any more!
Tuplets are fully supported.
Simultaneous entry in multiple tracks
Speedy MIDI automatically distributes multiple pressed notes to multiple tracks. This helps when entering music with same rhythmic patterns in multiple voices, e.g. chorale music.
- unlimited undo/redo
- part extraction
- rehearsal markers (verse, chorus etc.)
- adjustable playback speed
- swing playback
- shortcuts for all commands
- compatible file format: Standard MIDI File (.mid)
Frescobaldi is a free and open source LilyPond sheet music text editor. Designed to be powerful yet lightweight and easy-to-use, Frescobaldi offers great functionality and a host of useful features such as music view with advanced two-way Point & Click, Midi capturing to enter music, a Snippet Manager and many more.
Frescobaldi is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.
- Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view with advanced two-way Point & Click
- Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Midi capturing to enter music
- Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in help
- Configurable document outline view to navigate large LilyPond scores easily
- Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
- Import ABC, Midi and MusicXML using the LilyPond-provided tools
- Experimental export to MusicXML
- Modern user interface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazilian and Ukrainian.
Metatogger is a tag editor for audio files. These tags or metadata are helping to exploit with more efficiency audio files data. Most of the files are not coming along with metadata, while others are having wrong, useless or inconsistent data. Sometimes, even file name doesn’t reflect the true content of the file. It is then difficult to identify the piece without playing it. This is where Metatogger makes it great.
Metatogger allows correcting or completing audio files tags. It comes with features that allow:
- manual tags editing or with C# scripts;
- retrieve tags from file name or paths;
- rename files with tags content;
- look after duplicate audio files;
- organize files according to tags (copy, move, symbolic link);
- retrieve tags in a local database of 1.5 million public records;
- retrieve covers and lyrics from Internet;
- identify files using acoustic fingerprinting technology;
- easily clean unwanted tags.
Metatogger works with Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A (AAC and ALAC) and WMA.