Simple instrument pitch pipe for Android with presets for guitar, ukulele, mandolin, and 5-string banjo.
Audiodope is an audio editor. You can load and listen to music files of various formats such as wave, MP3, WMA, etc. You can also edit part or the whole stream with functions like copy, cut, paste, insert and delete. You may modify any part of the stream by applying audio effects and synthesize sound files.
- Sound editing functions such as copy, cut, paste, delete, insert, trim.
- Apply processes like click removal, DC offset correction, compressor, echo, fading, inversion, noise reduction, normalization, pitch scale, pitch shift, reverberation, reversing, sound 3D, tempo, true bass, volume
- Filters like, moving average, high-pass, low-pass, band-pass.
- Special effects like flanger, phaser, chorus, gargle.
- Listen to the audio file with play, pause, stop commands
- Record from any source
- Various tools like, frequency analyzer, tone generator, noise generator, DTMF synthesis, text to speech.
- Process any channel separately or both
- Apply third party VST plug-ins
- Loading Audio, navigating the waveform, zoom and pan
- Visualization of frequency levels
- Peak and distortion signaling
- Cutting/Pasting/Trimming parts of the audio
- Inverting and Reversing Audio
- Exporting to mp3
- Modifying volume levels
- Fade In/Out
- Pitch Shift
- Keeps track of states so you can undo mistakes
- Offline support!
LAoE means Layer-based Audio Editor, and it is a rich featured graphical audio sample-editor, based on multi-layers, floating-point samples, volume-masks, variable selection-intensity, and many plugins suitable to manipulate sound, such as filtering, retouching, resampling, graphical spectrogram editing by brushes and rectangles, sample-curve editing by freehand-pen and spline and other interpolation curves, effects like reverb, echo, compress, expand, pitch-shift, time-stretch, and much more… And it is free of charge, under GPL license!
a MIDI-controlled harmonizer audio plugin
Flutterbird is a free, open-source effect plugin for adding pitch and volume fluctuation to incoming audio. It can be used for traditional wow/flutter effects as well as more chaotic, extreme modulation. Flutterbird has four separate oscillators with adjustable speeds that can be mapped to either pitch or volume.
PitchPerfect is a free guitar tuner that eliminates the need of tuning a guitar conventionally and will automatically detect the note you are playing. Tune your strings quickly and easily to any note you want! No longer are you constrained by standard tunings, PitchPerfect includes more than 50 alternative tunings.
- Accurate, fastest, professional guitar tuner
- Any sound input device: microphone or line in
- Automatic note detection
- Easy to use interface
SoundTouch is an open-source audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM rate.
The SoundTouch library is intended for application developers writing sound processing tools that require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example utility SoundStretch for processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
Access the source codes in gitlab or download the compiled executables.
Test your musical skills in 6 minutes!
While working at the music and neuroimaging lab at Beth Israel/Harvard Medical School in Boston, I developed a quick online way to screen for the tonedeafness. It actually turned out to be a pretty good test to check for overall pitch perception ability. The test is purposefully made very hard, so excellent musicians rarely score above 80% correct. Give it a try!