UADE is a music player for UNIX platforms that plays music formats used on the Amiga computer.
Snd is a sound editor modelled loosely after Emacs. It can be customized and extended using either s7 (included in the Snd sources), Ruby, or Forth. Snd is free; the code is available via anonymous FTP as Snd tarball.
Aften is an audio encoder which generates compressed audio streams based on ATSC A/52 specification. This type of audio is also known as AC-3 or Dolby® Digital and is one of the audio codecs used in DVD-Video content.
- Converts PCM source audio into AC-3 audio
- Allows for setting of production metadata such as dialogue level, downmix levels, and extended bitstream information
- Supports RAW, WAV, AIFF, and CAFF input file formats
- Supports single multi-channel or multiple mono source files
- Includes several optional pre-processing filters
- Uses multi-threading and assembly optimizations to speed up encoding
ASAP (Another Slight Atari Player) plays and converts 8-bit Atari music (*.sap, *.cmc, *.mpt, *.rmt, *.tmc, …) on modern computers and mobile devices.
Bluemindo is a really simple yet powerful audio player in Python/PyGTK, using Gstreamer. It’s a free (as in freedom) software, released under GPLv3, only.
Bluemindo’s user interface consists of a main view of all your digitized album discs, which is searchable and filterable. The playback mode is gapless and support ReplayGain (it can also automatically choose to switch between Album and Track modes, depending on the kind of music that’s being played). Last but not least, it brings playlist (automatic and user-made), MPRIS/MediaPlayer2 support and lyrics/artwork downloading.
Nootka is an application to help learn classical score notation. It helps in understanding the rules of reading and writing scores and helps with developing skills of playing and singing notes.
Simply: users looks at piece of a score, plays it, while Nootka is listening to it, checks and shows was it played well. All in real time.
- interactive interface to discover the rules of musical notation
- exercises with possibility to create own sets
- accurate method for detecting sung and played sounds
- natural sound of guitars
- clefs (treble, bass and others) and grand staff
- analysis of results
- different kinds of guitars and their tuning
GNUitar is guitar effects software that allows you to use your PC as guitar processor. It includes the following effects: wah-wah, sustain, distortion, reverberator, echo, delay, tremolo, vibrato, and chorus/flanger.