SIO4ALL is a hardware independent low latency ASIO driver for WDM audio devices. It uses WDM Kernel Streaming and sometimes even more sophisticated methods to achieve its objectives.
In order to successfully run ASIO4ALL, you need:
- A WDM-compatible operating system, such as Win98SE/ME/2k/XP/2003/XP64 or Windows Vista x86/x64.
- A WDM-driver for your audio hardware. (Under Win2k/XP/Vista… this is implicit, not so under Win98SE/WinME.)
- A couple minutes of your time and a little bit of luck.
What ASIO4ALL will NOT do:
- Replace your existing sound card drivers or mess with them in any way.
- Install any kernel mode components that could potentially affect the stability of your system.
- “Overclock”, or otherwise operate your audio hardware in ways that could potentially be harmful and/or void your warranty, except, of course, in cases where the manufacturer of your hardware has specifically stated that the use of ASIO4ALL would void your warranty indeed.