Audio Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip VST plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling
- Automatically pauses your music player when other audio starts playing and unpauses it afterwards
- Per-application volume, boost quiet apps
- Record system audio
Snapcast is a multi-room client-server audio player, where all clients are time synchronized with the server to play perfectly synced audio. It’s not a standalone player, but an extension that turns your existing audio player into a Sonos-like multi-room solution. The server’s audio input is a named pipe /tmp/snapfifo. All data that is fed into this file will be send to the connected clients. One of the most generic ways to use Snapcast is in conjunction with the music player daemon (MPD) or Mopidy, which can be configured to use a named pipe as audio output.
Cross-platform, terminal-based audio engine, library, player and server written in c++.
Musikcube compiles and runs easily on Windows, macOS and Linux. it also runs well on a raspberry pi with raspbian, and can be setup as a streaming audio server.
loudgain is a versatile ReplayGain 2.0 loudness normalizer, based on the EBU R128 / ITU BS.1770 standard (-18 LUFS) and supports FLAC / Ogg / MP2 / MP3 / MP4 / M4A / ALAC & Opus audio files. It uses the well-known mp3gain command line syntax but will never modify the actual audio data.
Just what you ever wanted: the best of mp3gain, ReplayGain 2.0 and Linux combined. Spread the word!
ChucK is a programming language for real-time sound synthesis and music creation. It is open-source and freely available on MacOS X, Windows, and Linux. ChucK presents a unique time-based, concurrent programming model that’s precise and expressive (we call this strongly-timed), dynamic control rates, and the ability to add and modify code on-the-fly. In addition, ChucK supports MIDI, OpenSoundControl, HID device, and multi-channel audio. It’s fun and easy to learn, and offers composers, researchers, and performers a powerful programming tool for building and experimenting with complex audio synthesis/analysis programs, and real-time interactive music.
KVR Audio is a community and news site for popular Audio Plug-in formats and related subjects, such as sample libraries and mobile apps. Our mission is to supply up to date news to VST, AU, RTAS, DX and DSSI/LADSPA plug-in and iOS and Android App users in a friendly, up-front and timely manner.