The definitive software to listen to your crossover! You can create a 4 ways speaker (or WMTMW…), position the speakers, define the crossover and then move the listener to hear and see the response changing.
Tag Archives: speakers
MSO ~ Multi-Sub Optimizer
Multi-Sub Optimizer (MSO) is a free Windows-based software program for optimizing the bass response of audio and AV systems having multiple subwoofers. It minimizes the seat-to-seat frequency response variation in the bass region while simultaneously optimizing the response flatness at the main listening position. You can choose to have MSO perform this optimization on just the subs, or to include the main speakers in the optimization. In the latter case, it automates the process of integrating the subs with the main speakers, including delay / distance settings and EQ in the crossover region.
Although it’s possible to use it for identical equalization (EQ) of all subs at once, it does not depend on a global EQ approach like commercial room correction systems do. Such systems cannot reduce the seat-to-seat variation of the bass response. Instead, MSO performs optimization of EQ, gain and delay parameters individually for each subwoofer. This individual EQ optimization for each sub causes the variation of the bass response from seat to seat to be reduced, and the bass response at each listening position to be flattened.
MSO can be used to perform tasks that include:
- Optimizing subwoofer integration with main speakers through delay, gain and EQ adjustments
- Reducing seat-to-seat frequency response variation of the combined sub outputs through optimized EQ of each sub individually
- Achieving optimum subwoofer integration via individual sub delay adjustments
- Improving response flatness of the combined sub outputs at all listening positions
- Creating, specifying and achieving your desired target frequency response curve to shape the bass response to your preference
- Plotting your data in a variety of ways
- Obtaining filter parameters as text files containing biquad coefficients for import into miniDSP EQ hardware, or for manual data entry into hardware that doesn’t support filter file import.
Speaker Impedance ~ Online Calculator
Welcome to Speaker Impedance. This website calculates the nominal impedance created with different combinations of wiring speakers together. Remember calculations are only to be used as a guide; in reality, the impedance will vary with frequency and more factors such as coil temperature come into play.
TspCheck ~ Loudspeaker Thiele / Small Paramaters
As the program name suggests, TspCheck is a program that checks whether the determined or specified TS parameters of a loudspeaker match. Often you can then find out, for example, that the efficiency has been rounded up a bit too benevolently, or you can estimate the membrane mass, the resilience of the restraint, etc. by cleverly combining the information available.
In addition, the following is determined:
- Max. Lin. SPL @ 50 Hz in CB – the maximum sound pressure that can be achieved in a closed housing at 50 Hz using the maximum linear stroke
- SPL_m = SPL_e – the frequency from which the maximum achievable sound pressure at full input power is stroke limited.
The Loudspeaker Explorer ~ Colaboratory Notebook
A speaker measurement visualization, analysis and comparison tool.
AnSpec ~ Analog-style Spectrum Analyzer
AnSpec is an analog-style one/third-octave spectrum analyzer AAX, AudioUnit and VST plugin for professional sound and music production applications. It was designed to be a handy visual feedback tool for those who like visual smoothness and easiness of use of analog analyzers. AnSpec also provides peak level indication.
While there are no adjustable parameters available in this plugin, you can still change level meter ballistics and resize plugin’s window.
- 1/3 octave analog-style spectrum analyzer
- Peak level indication
- User interface window resizing
- Stereo and mono analysis
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
- User interface color schemes
- Resizable user interface
- Retina and High DPI support