The plug-in is an easy to use distance “pan-pot” based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound source in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound
- Distance gain loss
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air
- Stereo width manipulation
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone
- Distance based early reflections
All models can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).