Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling
The Audio File Library is a C-based library for reading and writing audio files in many common formats.
The Audio File Library provides a uniform API which abstracts away details of file formats and data formats. The same calls for opening a file, accessing and manipulating audio metadata (e.g. sample rate, sample format, textual information, MIDI parameters), and reading and writing sample data will work with any supported audio file format. The Audio File Library lets you work with audio data in whatever format is most convenient for you.
Reverberation is an audible effect that is heard every day as a result of sound interacting with the environment around the listener. It is an effect that is commonly added artificially to electronically recorded and produced music, as well as in other media such as cinema, virtual reality applications and computer games. Auralization is an increasingly popular technique for accurately simulating reverberation and this website supports this practice through an expanding library of downloadable acoustic impulse responses (IRs) from interesting buildings, spaces and other sources.
The aim of the Open Acoustic Impulse Response (Open AIR) Library is to provide a centralized, feature rich and future proof on-line resource for anyone interested in auralization and acoustical impulse response data. For example it may be useful for researchers to quickly compare impulse responses recorded using different approaches, for developers of game audio wanting to recreate the acoustic environment of a specific building, or for musical composers looking for a desirable reverberation effect.
Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format plugin synth that is closely modelled on the Yamaha DX7. Dexed is also a midi cartridge librarian / manager for the DX7.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format. (VST, AU, LV2)
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modelled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager.
- Each operator has a realtime VU meter so you know which one is active.
- Can load or save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
PitchPerfect is a free guitar tuner that eliminates the need of tuning a guitar conventionally and will automatically detect the note you are playing. Tune your strings quickly and easily to any note you want! No longer are you constrained by standard tunings, PitchPerfect includes more than 50 alternative tunings.
- Accurate, fastest, professional guitar tuner
- Any sound input device: microphone or line in
- Automatic note detection
- Easy to use interface
Demlo is a music library organizer. It can encode, fix case, change folder
hierarchy according to tags or file properties, tag from an online database,
copy covers while ignoring duplicates or those below a quality threshold, and
much more. It makes it possible to manage your libraries uniformly and
dynamically. You can write your own rules to fit your needs best.
Demlo can address any of these recurring music library issues (and much more):
- Fix the lack of folder structure.
- Normalize tags, fix their case, chose which tags to keep and which to discard.
- Handle lossy and lossless audio differently.
- Handle mp3 id3tags hell…
- Handle multiple covers, whether embedded and/or external, resize covers,
discard bad quality ones.
Is your audio system really ready for lossless sound? Here you will find a set of ABX tests allowing you to compare lossless and lossy compression in a variety of formats and bitrates. This site is still in its infancy, and the number of tests available will probably grow over time.
caotica2 is a “noise design application”, featuring audio synthesis and effects. The goal of this experimentally designed application is to generate new sounds and noises, and also to alter wave files using simple and complex mathematical effects. The results may sound “noisy” and chaotic and, actually, they are, although rather predictable when getting used to the application. caotica2 is a source of “rough sound material” for the use of experimental composers.