SimpleTag is a cross-platform desktop tool, which allows to update the labels of all your music before incorporating it into a musical library or cloud service.
Nowadays, the amount of music we have in our equipment is large, it is no longer possible to manage with the traditional system of filenames and directories. The most convenient way is to use the concept of libraries that handle the big market music players: iTunes, Amarok, Windows Media Player, Google Music, … etc.
The labels of music files contains all the information on artist, album, genre, title, lyrics … etc, associated with a song. This information is used by music players to manage their libraries. A good labeling enhances the user experience.
Do you want your music in the cloud? Then before, you have to check the tag information is correct before incorporating. If you do not, you will be unable to locate many of your songs.
- Complete file information from audio fingerprint (AcoustID database). This uses the service provided by AcoustId (http://acoustid.org). One colors simple system gives you information about your search results
- Locate the covers of your songs by the artist/album the song. The location of the cover image, uses Google image services. It also incorporates images that are in the directory you’re processing, treating them as potential cover images.
- Allows mass renaming music files on disk, based on the tag information. If in addition to either your tagged songs, you want the file names follow a pattern that identifies them, you can use this feature.
- Supports MP3, Ogg/Vorbis formats
- Mass-tagging of multiple files
- Auto enumerate the selected songs. In many cases, the songs do not have track numbers. With this feature, you can set the sequence numbers for all the songs on an album.