Metatogger is a tag editor for audio files. These tags or metadata are helping to exploit with more efficiency audio files data. Most of the files are not coming along with metadata, while others are having wrong, useless or inconsistent data. Sometimes, even file name doesn’t reflect the true content of the file. It is then difficult to identify the piece without playing it. This is where Metatogger makes it great.
Metatogger allows correcting or completing audio files tags. It comes with features that allow:
- manual tags editing or with C# scripts;
- retrieve tags from file name or paths;
- rename files with tags content;
- look after duplicate audio files;
- organize files according to tags (copy, move, symbolic link);
- retrieve tags in a local database of 1.5 million public records;
- retrieve covers and lyrics from Internet;
- identify files using acoustic fingerprinting technology;
- easily clean unwanted tags.
Metatogger works with Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A (AAC and ALAC) and WMA.