ScoreDate is your date with the music! It is open source software written in Java that helps musicians learn to read music; it also helps with ear training. It is suitable for any skill level, from beginner to professional; from slow training to first sight reading.
- Notes in line exercise
- Rhythms exercise
- Score reading exercise
- Ear training exercise with 4 levels of difficulty
- Exercises – Creation, edit, save and playback
- Statistics with monthly and daily view
- Supports of 4 clefs: Violin, Bass, Alto, Tenor, with a maximum of 2 at the same time
- Supports of notes: Whole, half, dotted half, quarter, dotted quarter, eighth, triplets, pauses
- Selection of the notes range for each clef. Maximum of 4 additional lines above and below the staff
- Virtual piano, to exercise without having external devices
- Chords, intervals and accidentals exercise
- Learning mode, that shows the name of the note or the chord displayed on the staff
- Realtime playback supporting ASIO, WDMKS, DirectSound, Jack, ALSA, OSS
- Translated in 15 languages
Jalmus is a free, open source music education software helping musicians, especially pianists, to improve their sight-reading. You can train to read music with both exercises on notes or rhythms.
Nootka is an application to help learn classical score notation. It helps in understanding the rules of reading and writing scores and helps with developing skills of playing and singing notes.
Simply: users looks at piece of a score, plays it, while Nootka is listening to it, checks and shows was it played well. All in real time.
- interactive interface to discover the rules of musical notation
- exercises with possibility to create own sets
- accurate method for detecting sung and played sounds
- natural sound of guitars
- clefs (treble, bass and others) and grand staff
- analysis of results
- different kinds of guitars and their tuning
Frescobaldi is a free and open source LilyPond sheet music text editor. Designed to be powerful yet lightweight and easy-to-use, Frescobaldi offers great functionality and a host of useful features such as music view with advanced two-way Point & Click, Midi capturing to enter music, a Snippet Manager and many more.
Frescobaldi is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.
- Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view with advanced two-way Point & Click
- Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Midi capturing to enter music
- Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in help
- Configurable document outline view to navigate large LilyPond scores easily
- Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
- Import ABC, Midi and MusicXML using the LilyPond-provided tools
- Experimental export to MusicXML
- Modern user interface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazilian and Ukrainian.
Canorus is a free cross-platform music score editor. It supports an unlimited number and length of staffs, polyphony, a MIDI playback of notes, chord markings, lyrics, import/export filters to formats like MIDI, MusicXML, ABC Music, MusiXTeX and LilyPond