ScoreDate is your date with the music! It is open source software written in Java that helps musicians learn to read music; it also helps with ear training. It is suitable for any skill level, from beginner to professional; from slow training to first sight reading.
- Notes in line exercise
- Rhythms exercise
- Score reading exercise
- Ear training exercise with 4 levels of difficulty
- Exercises – Creation, edit, save and playback
- Statistics with monthly and daily view
- Supports of 4 clefs: Violin, Bass, Alto, Tenor, with a maximum of 2 at the same time
- Supports of notes: Whole, half, dotted half, quarter, dotted quarter, eighth, triplets, pauses
- Selection of the notes range for each clef. Maximum of 4 additional lines above and below the staff
- Virtual piano, to exercise without having external devices
- Chords, intervals and accidentals exercise
- Learning mode, that shows the name of the note or the chord displayed on the staff
- Realtime playback supporting ASIO, WDMKS, DirectSound, Jack, ALSA, OSS
- Translated in 15 languages
Nootka is an application to help learn classical score notation. It helps in understanding the rules of reading and writing scores and helps with developing skills of playing and singing notes.
Simply: users looks at piece of a score, plays it, while Nootka is listening to it, checks and shows was it played well. All in real time.
- interactive interface to discover the rules of musical notation
- exercises with possibility to create own sets
- accurate method for detecting sung and played sounds
- natural sound of guitars
- clefs (treble, bass and others) and grand staff
- analysis of results
- different kinds of guitars and their tuning
A MIDI file player that teaches you how to play the piano. PianoBooster is a fun way of playing along with a musical accompaniment and at the same time learning the basics of reading musical notation.
- Piano Booster follows your playing when playing along to a musical accompaniment. (If you stop then so does the music).
- Play a single hand and Piano Booster will play the other hand in time with you (and will also play the violins, the bass, the drums etc. in time with you).
- Change the speed of playback to match your playing ability.
- Transpose +/- 12 semitones without stopping the play back.
- Change the Key Signature of the piece.
- Plays any standard midi or kar file.
- Play along to any instrument in the midi file.
- Adjust the volume of the current part or the volume your piano part.
- See the accuracy of you playing.
- Change the start bar to start playing from any bar in the music. The repeat bars allows you to practice just a few difficult bars continuously.
- Timing markers are white crosses that are drawn over each note and show if you are playing ahead or behind the beat.
- A different instrument sound is used for the right and wrong notes that you play.