Add-on components greatly extend the appearance and functionality of Foobar2000.
- Open the Foobar Preferences dialog (File | Preferences or press CTRL+P)
- Go to the Components page (click components at the top of the list)
- Click the “Install…” button and select the component archive, or drag the component file to the
Installed components list box.
- Press “OK“, you will be prompted to restart foobar2000 in order to load the newly installed component.
- If the component has a visual element, you’ll need to add the component to the DUI (Default User Interface) now. Toggle View\Layout\Enable Layout Editing Mode and then add a new panel or tab. Right click the new panel or tab area and select “Add New UI Element …“, then select the new component from the list. You may need to adjust borders to fit. Exit layout mode.
New Feature Monitor ~ foo_whatsnew
Convolver is a DSP Audio convolution plugin for Windows Media Player or any application that accepts DMOs or DirectShow filters
Freeware / Open source / Windows
DRC is a program used to generate correction filters for acoustic compensation of HiFi and audio systems in general, including listening room compensation. DRC generates just the FIR correction filters, which can be used with a real time or offline convolver to provide real time or offline correction. DRC doesn’t provide convolution features, and provides only some simplified, although really accurate, measuring tools.
Date and duration adjusted (DADA) auto-rating algorithm for foobar2000
The DADA Auto-Rating algorithm (DAR) automatically rates music according to a variety of statistics collected by foobar2000’s official “playback statistics” plugin.
If done well, an auto-rating algorithm will simply tell you what your favorite (and conversely, least favorite) music is, and the rating will be derived from and reflect actual listening behavior. This is quite different from manual ratings (e.g. 1 – 5 stars set by the user), since there’s very often a disparity between what we’d like ourselves to like, and what we actually like. For those interested in uncovering their actual musical tastes, a good auto-rating formula can be quite illuminating.
DADA Auto-Rating for foobar2000 – Giant Pygmy Audio
WikiLAME is used to encode / compress audio into the lossy MP3 file format. It’s a high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder, licensed under the LGPL.
LAME Recommended Settings – HA Wiki
Libraries – RareWares
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo) just like you would a MP3 file.
FLAC stands out as the fastest and most widely supported lossless audio codec, and the only one that at once is non-proprietary, is unencumbered by patents, has an open-source reference implementation, has a well documented format and API and has several other independent implementations.
CD Art Display is a free Windows application that displays the cover of the current song being played by Winamp, iTunes, WMP, Foobar2000, Helium and AlbumPlayer.