OpenMPT is a powerful audio application that makes writing music fun, easy and efficient.
OpenMPT (shorthand for Open ModPlug Tracker) is completely free and allows you to create and play back some great music on your computer. Based on the original ModPlug Tracker written by Olivier Lapicque, OpenMPT is free software, can import a wide variety of module formats and offers an intuitive, native GUI as well as advanced features such as VST plugins and ASIO output.
In addition to its own song format, OpenMPT can natively edit Impulse Tracker, FastTracker, Scream Tracker and ProTracker module files.
OpenMPT based module player library and libopenmpt based command-line player:
- libopenmpt is a cross-platform C++ and C library to decode tracked music files (modules) [wikipedia] into a raw PCM audio stream.
- openmpt123 is a cross-platform command-line or terminal based module file player.
libopenmpt is based on the player code of the OpenMPT project (Open ModPlug Tracker). In order to avoid code base fragmentation, libopenmpt is developed in the same source code repository as OpenMPT.
libopenmpt ships with plugins for 3 popular Windows audio players already included:
- xmp-openmpt is a plugin based on libopenmpt for XMPlay.
- in_openmpt is an input plugin based on libopenmpt for WinAMP 2.x or later compatible players.
- foo_openmpt is a component based on libopenmpt for foobar2000.