Automatic Volume Mixer is a tool that allows automatization of Windows Volume Mixer based on user rules. You can open the Volume Mixer by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray and selecting Open Volume Mixer. This application is an automatic version of that applet.
Common usage examples:
- Pausing your audio player (e.g. foobar2000) whenever any other application makes a noise, and resuming playback once the noise is gone. This enables you to keep your audio player running in the background at all times.
- Briefly muting all applications while a notification is playing.
- Forcing application’s volume to a set level.
- Automatically lowering volume during night.
- Launching processes / popups when some application makes noise.
- Detect volume levels of applications and act on that information.
- Fully configurable rules for detection, filtering, and executing actions.
- Ability to automatically adjust audio levels of applications.