TAPClean is a Commodore tape preservation / restoration tool. It will check, repair, and remaster Commodore 64 and VIC 20 TAP or DC2N DMP files (tape images).
- Detects and retrieves information about TAP and DC2N DMP file contents
- Tests and reports on the integrity and condition of the files
- Performs structural corrections and optimizations
- Develops a library of all detected files as their binary equivalents and allows content exporting
- Allows conversion to audio format (.AU or .WAV) so TAPs may be played out and recorded back to cassette tape