PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player for Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Windows, OSX and GP2X.
You can use this program to play your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. No songs are provided, you must obtain these from elsewhere.
Visit here to find out more about what a CDG or MP3+G file is. In short, CDG is the format of professional karaoke CDs. These CDs can be ripped to your hard disk, and turned into a .mp3 file together with a .cdg file. This player gives you the ability to play those mp3+cdg files.
- CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G, WAV+G) playback – Play standard CDG karaoke files
- MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback – Play MIDI format karaoke files
- MPEG playback – Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format
- Other formats – Play any other video formats by launching an external media player
- Playlist – Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy
- Searchable song database – Easily find your songs from the main screen
- Search inside ZIP files – Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files
- Cross-platform – Runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX and GP2X
- Mini Frontend – Additional mini-frontend for low res displays and handhelds
- Export to MPEG – Convert CDG and KAR files to MPG files (command line only)