Ever wanted to cut out background noise when talking with others on Skype? Now it’s possible!
NoiseGator is a light-weight noise gate application that routes audio through an audio input to an audio output. In real-time the audio level is analysed and if the average level is higher than the threshold the audio bypasses as normal. However, if the average level goes below the threshold, the gate closes and the audio is cut.
When used with a virtual audio cable it can act as a noise gate for a either a sound input(microphone) or sound output(speakers). Can also be used to gate noise from your own mic or play your microphone through your speakers.
– Java 7 or higher for Windows.
– Java 6 or higher for Mac. Java 7 recommended.
– A virtual audio cable is required for use with VOIPs:
For Windows users I recommend the VB-Cable driver (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm).
Mac users can use SoundFlower.
- Noise Gate for audio input to output.
- Cuts out background noises when nobody is speaking on VOIPs like Skype.
- Noise Gate your microphone to kill background noise and hiss.
- Can be used to feed your microphone through your speakers.