Skywave Linux is a 64 bit live system providing installed and configured software for accessing software defined radio servers locally and on the internet. With this operating system, a person may tune shortwave broadcasts, amateur radio, aeronautical, maritime, or other signals received at remote servers around the world.
SDR software is configured for popular devices, such as the RTL-SDR dongles, Softrocks, Hermes, and other radios.
Skywave Linux is a 64 bit system built over Ubuntu Linux, and may be installed on a bootable USB stick, SD card, DVD, or hard drive.
- WebSDR, OpenWebRX radio servers accessible via internet browser.
- HPSDR servers accessible via QtRadio
- HPSDR hardware also via cudaSDR
- RTL-SDR plug-and-play functionality via CubicSDR, Gqrx, and QtRadio
- RTL-SDR ADS-B tracking and mapping via Dump1090
- RTL-SDR RDS decoding via Gqrx and Redsea
- SDRPlay, Airspy radio hardware is supported.
- LADSPA audio plugins for EQ/Compression/Limiting
- WSJT -X / WSPR-X weak signal digimode software
- Weather Satellite Decoding via WXtoImg
- Satellite tracking with Gpredict
- Trunked Radio System Reception with SDRTrunk
- Radio firmware & data management with CHIRP
- Kodi Media Center for conventional internet streaming