Jniz is a free proprietary piece of software designed for musicians as a support tool to the musical composition. It allows you to build and to harmonize several voices according to the rules of classical harmony.
To be convinced of the limitations observed and of the work done by the great classical masters such as Bach, Mozart or Beethoven, please refer to Wikipedia, the Walter Piston Harmony book or the Schonberg theory.
The perfect knowledge and the good practice of these rules are not required but you will undoubtedly save time and it will help you greatly in using and understanding the mechanism of Jniz.
- interface of musical notation which allows you to create, edit, save a score
- number of voices up to 16 (256 with layers).
- possibility to change of Key at any time.
- Jnz, MusicXml, LillyPond, Midi, PDF export.
- listen to the available Midi ports.
- redo / undo
- Non harmonic tones (appoggiatura, echappee, suspension, passing, pedal, cambiata, anticipation)
- Minor melodic keys
- Chords notation recognition
- harmonic correction of your work following the set of predefined rules
- to give one or several solutions in case of fault if one or more rules are circumvented (Solver module).
- Empty staves filled up by Solver (Auto Harmonizing)
- Keys / modulations simulation tool
- Solvers serialization
- multi-cores support
- Input with Midi keyboards or microphones / input lines
- Audio / sound to midi converter (monophonic)
- Windows, Linux, OS X compatible (32/64 bits)
- multi-languages support