TiMidity++ is a software synthesizer. It can play MIDI files by converting them into PCM waveform data; give it a MIDI data along with digital instrument data files, then it synthesizes them in real-time, and plays. It can not only play sounds, but also can save the generated waveforms into hard disks as various audio file formats.
TiMidity++ is a free software, distributed under the terms of GNU general public license.
- Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
- Understands SMF, MOD, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI
- Converts MIDI files into various audio file formats: .wav, .au, .aiff, .ogg and so on
- Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and/or SoundFonts as the voice data
- Displays information about the music that is now playing
- Various user interfaces: ncurses, gtk, Win32-GUI, and others
- Plays remote MIDI files over the network
- Plays MIDI files in archive files
- Displays sound spectrogram for the playing music
- Trace playing