Audio visualization usually relies on hand-crafted features, like intensity, timbre or pitch. These metrics are defined by humans and are biased towards our cultural representation of sound. In this project, we have trained a Neural Net to generate these features directly from spectrograms, in an unsupervised way. We thus get rid of this bias and hope the resulting visualizations can help us perceive music in different ways.
projectM is an open-source project that reimplements the esteemed Winamp Milkdrop by Geiss in a more modern, cross-platform reusable library. Its purpose in life is to read an audio input and to produce mesmerizing visuals, detecting tempo, and rendering advanced equations into a limitless array of user-contributed visualizations.
Tuniac is an iTunes style media player / manager for Windows, with an advanced playlist editor, search as you type and queue support.
- Search as you type
- Advanced queueing
- Supports many audio formats
- OpenGL Sonique Visual Plugin renderer
- Small cpu and memory footprint
- MPEG-1 Audio (mp3, mp2, mp1)
- FLAC (flac, fla, oga, ogg)
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac, m4a, m4b, mp4)
- Apple Lossless Audio Codec aka ALAC (m4a)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- Vorbis (ogg)
- Opus (opus)
- WavPack (wv)
- TAK Audio (tak)
- TrueAudio (tta)
- Monkeys Audio (ape, mac)
- Musepack (mpc, mp+, mpp)
- OptimFrog (ofr, ofs)
- Shorten (shn)
- Dolby Digital (ac3)
- DSD (dff, dfs)
- PCM (wav, aif)
- CD Audio (cda)
- Speex (spx)
- MOD Formats (mod, mo3, xm, it, s3m, mtm)
- Game Audio Formats (adx, umx)
- MIDI (mid)
- radio streaming of most the above formats.
A speaker measurement visualization, analysis and comparison tool.
Shpeck runs Winamp visualization plugins in a stand-alone window, a Columns UI panel or Default UI element.
Shpeck enables Foobar2000 to display dynamic graphics that react to the beat. It’s possible to toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes.
Install the foo_vis_shpeck plugin, combined with Winamp’s MilkDrop visualizations.
- Download foo_vis_shpeck
- Download visualizations
- Install plugin
- Install visualizations
- Create foobar DUI window
- Configure plugin
- Configure visualizations
Milkdrop in Foobar on Windows 8 ~ vault-tec.info/post/51743506694/milkdrop-in-foobar2000-on-windows-8
… some archives from this milkdrop contest thread on winamp forum and put everything into a single archive. Some of the presets are nice and quite original, but most of them are variations. The ones that seemed nice to me I copied and added exclamation mark to their names. ~ hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,59388.msg914054.html#msg914054
XMPlay is an audio player, supporting the OGG / MP3 / MP2 / MP1 / WMA / AAC / MP4 / WAV / AIFF / CDA / MO3 / IT / XM / S3M / MTM / MOD / UMX audio formats, PLS / M3U / ASX / WAX / CUE playlists, and ZIP archives. A load more audio and archive file formats are also supported via plugins.
When XMPlay was first released in 1998, only the XM file format was supported, hence the name “XMPlay”.
Common Music (CM) is a real-time music composition system implemented in JUCE/C++ and Scheme. It generates musical output via MIDI, OSC, CLM, FOMUS and CSOUND. Its user application is called GRACE (Graphical Real-time Algorithmic Composition Environment)
- Algorithmic music composition environment
- Runs on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Real time scheduling of musical algorithms
- Two coding languages for designing algorithms: S7 Scheme and SAL (an easy-to-learn alternate)
- MIDI input/output
- CLM/Sndlib audio system built in (Scottstaedt)
- CCRMA digital audio instrument definitions built in (Scottstaedt)
- Open Sound Control input/output
- Metronomes and running algorithm redefinition for live coding
- Data visualization
- Music pattern definitions
- Fomus system built in for computing music notations (Psenicka)
This is a “musical spectrum”, displayed accordingly to how the spectrum is divided in music (notes, semitones, etc).