Common Music (CM) is a real-time music composition system implemented in JUCE/C++ and Scheme. It generates musical output via MIDI, OSC, CLM, FOMUS and CSOUND. Its user application is called GRACE (Graphical Real-time Algorithmic Composition Environment)
- Algorithmic music composition environment
- Runs on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Real time scheduling of musical algorithms
- Two coding languages for designing algorithms: S7 Scheme and SAL (an easy-to-learn alternate)
- MIDI input/output
- CLM/Sndlib audio system built in (Scottstaedt)
- CCRMA digital audio instrument definitions built in (Scottstaedt)
- Open Sound Control input/output
- Metronomes and running algorithm redefinition for live coding
- Data visualization
- Music pattern definitions
- Fomus system built in for computing music notations (Psenicka)
This is a “musical spectrum”, displayed accordingly to how the spectrum is divided in music (notes, semitones, etc).
IDTE is a full featured tag editor for Windows which supports tagging of FLAC, APE, ID3V1.x/2.x, WMA, LYRICS, and VORBIS tags in audio files.
It also supports the playback of 40+ various lossy and lossless music formats such as FLAC, ALAC, OGG, APE, MP3 etc.
It can rename files based on the tag information, export tag information, create playlists, search for incomplete tags on Internet, fetch lyrics, fetch cover art, supports CUE sheets, can process multiple files at same time, allows for batch file processing, supports SFX, visualizations and more…
Minimalist local music player for windows, transparent, borderless and buttonless.
- Portable, free, open-source software. (Delphi, MIT open-source license)
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10, 简体 / 繁體 / English / Unicode
- Minimalist, transparent, “no interface, only music”.
- Optimized for local lossless music playback. Powered by Bass library, with excellent performance and high quality sound effects. Modular design, can be highly customized.
- Supports lightweight media library, lyrics and visual effects. Can be minimized to the system tray, takes very few system resources, suitable to listening to music when working.
- These features come from user suggestions: tag editing, automatic switching list, play queue, mouse gestures, equalizer, audio device selection, the global volume wheel (over systray), font settings, minimalist mode, mouse transparent, pin to desktop and a simple layout.
- Supports APE / FLAC / WavPack / MP3 / OGG / TTA / TAK / Musepack / AAC / AC3 / WMA / Wav / CD / ALAC / Aiff / MOD / CUE (almost all local music formats from lossy to lossless, and supports video formats by plug-in)
The Complete Stereo Imaging And Analysis Tool. StereoTool offers ultra-precise control of input gain and individual pan for left and right channels, accurate visual feedback reflecting the signal content with; a vectorscope, PPM meters for inputs/outputs, phase correlation meter permanently monitoring the signal and individual left and right polarity reversal – No dongle or registration required – 100% Freeware!
projectM is an OpenGL based advanced music visualization program for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. It is backward compatible with all the features of Milkdrop 1.x (and now 2.x), but has many new toys and enhancements.
WaveSurfer is an open source tool for sound visualization and manipulation. Typical applications are speech / sound analysis and sound annotation / transcription. WaveSurfer may be extended by plug-ins as well as embedded in other applications.
- Customizable – users can create their own configurations. Localization support.
- Extensible – new functionality can be added through a plugin architecture.
- Embeddable – WaveSurfer can be used as a widget in custom applications.
- Transcription file formats – reads, and writes HTK (and MLF), TIMIT, ESPS/Waves+, and Phondat. Support for encodings and Unicode.
- Multi-platform – Linux, OSX & Windows.