AutoEQ is a project for equalizing headphone frequency responses automatically and it achieves this by parsing frequency response measurements and producing a equalization settings which correct the headphone to a neutral sound. This project currently has almost 2000 headphones covered in the results folder. See Usage for instructions how to use the results with different equalizer softwares and Results section for details about parameters and how the results were obtained.
AutoEQ is not just a collection of automatically produced headphone equalization settings but also a tool for equalizing headphones for yourself. frequency_response.py provides methods for reading data, equalizing it to a given target response and saving the results for usage with EqualizerAPO. It’s possible to use different compensation (target) curves, apply tilt for making the headphones brighter/darker and adding a bass boost. It’s even possible to make one headphone sound (roughly) like another headphone.
Third major contribution of this project is the measurement data and compensation curves all in a numerical format except for Crinacle’s raw data. Everything is stored as CSV files so they are easy to process with any programming language or even Microsoft Excel.
With this free iPhone app and effect plug-in for PC and Mac you can easily remove vocals from songs! Vocalzap is a free iPhone™ / iPod™ app, and VST plugin, that can effortlessly remove the vocals from any song. If you want to sing along, click the “Lyrics” button. Toggle between the original singer or no vocals with the click of a button.
- Remove vocals from most songs
- Look up lyrics to most songs (iPhone only)
- Toggle between vocals and no vocals to compare
- Use it for Karaoke parties with your own tunes!
Foobar DSP based graphic equalizer.
- 31 bands (1/3rd octave width)
- boost / cut range of +-12 dB in 0.1 dB steps
- master gain (can be set manually or automatically => prevents clipping for the most part)
- minimum phase (=> no pre-echo)
- approximates a smooth frequency response (=> no ‘steps’ between the bands)
- import / export presets
- mono and stereo mode
EQ preset generation ~ github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
This is a Foobar2000 player wrapper plugin, which allows using VST plugins within the player.
Snd is a sound editor modelled loosely after Emacs. It can be customized and extended using either s7 (included in the Snd sources), Ruby, or Forth. Snd is free; the code is available via anonymous FTP as Snd tarball.
TDR VOS SlickEQ is a mixing / mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi-parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 4 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion. The effect is made to add the typical “mojo” often associated with classy audio gear.
An advanced 64bit multirate processing structure practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
Beside the primary controls, the plug-in comes with an array of additional helpers: Advanced preset management, undo/redo, quick A/B comparison, copy & paste, an online help, editable labels, mouse-wheel support and much more.
Key specs and features:
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity
- Five output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow”, “Deep” and “Toasted”
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“Stateful saturation”)
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options
- Toolbar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more