Open-source library and tools for audio and music analysis, description and synthesis.
- Extensive collection of reusable algorithms
- Fast prototyping
- Optimized for computational speed
Common Music (CM) is a real-time music composition system implemented in JUCE/C++ and Scheme. It generates musical output via MIDI, OSC, CLM, FOMUS and CSOUND. Its user application is called GRACE (Graphical Real-time Algorithmic Composition Environment)
- Algorithmic music composition environment
- Runs on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Real time scheduling of musical algorithms
- Two coding languages for designing algorithms: S7 Scheme and SAL (an easy-to-learn alternate)
- MIDI input/output
- CLM/Sndlib audio system built in (Scottstaedt)
- CCRMA digital audio instrument definitions built in (Scottstaedt)
- Open Sound Control input/output
- Metronomes and running algorithm redefinition for live coding
- Data visualization
- Music pattern definitions
- Fomus system built in for computing music notations (Psenicka)
Algorithms and Interactive Tools for Exploring Music Composition, Analysis, and Interdisciplinary Learning.
This web site has interactive tools that provide a unique learning experience for users, regardless of their musical training. Students of music composition can explore algorithmic composition, while others can create musical representations of models for the purpose of aural interpretation and analysis. Here, the algorithmic process is used in a creative context so that users can convert sequences of numbers into sounds.