loudgain is a versatile ReplayGain 2.0 loudness normalizer, based on the EBU R128 / ITU BS.1770 standard (-18 LUFS) and supports FLAC / Ogg / MP2 / MP3 / MP4 / M4A / ALAC & Opus audio files. It uses the well-known mp3gain command line syntax but will never modify the actual audio data.
Just what you ever wanted: the best of mp3gain, ReplayGain 2.0 and Linux combined. Spread the word!
Tag Archives: ReplayGain
Flacon ~ Unix Audio File Encoder
Flacon extracts individual tracks from one big audio file containing the entire album of music and saves them as separate audio files.
To do this, it uses information from the appropriate CUE file. Besides, Flacon makes it possible to conveniently revise or specify tags both for all tracks at once or for each tag separately.
- Supported input formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, True Audio (TTA).
- Supported out formats: FLAC, WAV, WavPack, AAC, OGG or MP3.
- ReplayGain analysis (album-gain and track-gain modes).
- Multi-threaded conversion process.
- Automatic character set detection for CUE files.
- Generation of the pertrack CUE file in the output dir.
Qmmp ~ Unix Audio Player
This program is an audio player, written with the help of the Qt library. The user interface is similar to winamp or xmms. An alternative user interface is also available.
DeaDBeeF ~ Extensible Unix Player
DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is a modular audio player for GNU/Linux, *BSD, OpenSolaris, macOS, and other UNIX-like systems.
DeaDBeeF lets you play variety of audio formats, convert between them, customize the UI almost any way you want, and use many additional plugins which can extend it even more.
cmus ~ Lightweight Unix Player
cmus is a small, fast and powerful console music player for Unix-like operating systems.
Tauon Music Box ~ Streamlined Linux Player
A desktop music player for playback of local audio files. Designed to be simple and streamlined while putting the user in control of their music collection. Uses the proprietary BASS audio library for playback.
Aqualung ~ Advanced Gapless Audio Player
Aqualung is an advanced music player originally targeted at the GNU/Linux operating system, today also running on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, with native ports to Mac OSX and even Microsoft Windows. It plays audio CDs, internet radio streams and podcasts as well as sound files in just about any audio format and has the feature of inserting no gaps between adjacent tracks.
MusicBee ~ Extensible Audio Player
Enjoy a great music experience with MusicBee, the ultimate music manager and player. Play your music the way you want. Turn your computer into a music jukebox.
MusicBee makes it easy to manage, find, and play music files on your computer. Use auto-tagging to clean up your messy music library. MusicBee also supports podcasts, web radio stations and SoundCloud integration.
Supports AcoustID, Discogs, Last.FM, Milkdrop, ReplayGain and UPnP / DLNA
beets ~ The Music Geek’s Media Organizer
The purpose of beets is to get your music collection right once and for all. It catalogs your collection, automatically improving its metadata as it goes using the MusicBrainz database. Then it provides a bouquet of tools for manipulating and accessing your music.
Because beets is designed as a library, it can do almost anything you can imagine for your music collection. Via plugins, beets becomes a panacea:
- Fetch or calculate all the metadata you could possibly need: album art, lyrics, genres, tempos, ReplayGain levels, or acoustic fingerprints.
- Get metadata from MusicBrainz, Discogs or Beatport. Or guess metadata using songs’ filenames or their acoustic fingerprints.
- Transcode audio to any format you like.
- Check your library for duplicate tracks and albums or for albums that are missing tracks
- Browse your music library graphically through a Web browser and play it in any browser that supports HTML5 Audio and lots more.
Mixxx ~ DJ Your Way For Free
Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you’re DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
Cross-platform, extensible, multi-language, open source & skinnable freeware. Support for iTunes, MusicBrainz, ReplayGain and Traktor.