Rhythmbox is a music playing application for GNOME.
Rhythmbox is a music playing application for GNOME.
Album Player is designed for composing and listening to compilations of music albums on your hard drive and CD/DVD. The Album Player plays audio files of popular formats, such as WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, ALAC, AIFF, TAK, MP3, MP4, OGG, MPC, Audio-CD, SACD and DVD-A. Playlists are built based on information read from .cue files.
The Album Player supports modes of direct output from a sound decoder to an output device. The elimination of intermediate processing and mixing provides the most accurate sound reproduction. The Album Player’s supported output modes are ASIO, Kernel Streaming and exclusive WASAPI.
The player displays a list of albums located on a selected drive or directory, content of a selected album, album art, artist name, and the year of release of the album. If an album’s folder contains more than one picture, they are displayed as a slide show.
No installation is required, just right-click on the player to configure it.
TheAudioDB is a community database of audio artwork and data with a JSON API.
Bluemindo is a really simple yet powerful audio player in Python/PyGTK, using Gstreamer. It’s a free (as in freedom) software, released under GPLv3, only.
Bluemindo’s user interface consists of a main view of all your digitized album discs, which is searchable and filterable. The playback mode is gapless and support ReplayGain (it can also automatically choose to switch between Album and Track modes, depending on the kind of music that’s being played). Last but not least, it brings playlist (automatic and user-made), MPRIS/MediaPlayer2 support and lyrics/artwork downloading.
SimpleTag is a cross-platform desktop tool, which allows to update the labels of all your music before incorporating it into a musical library or cloud service.
Nowadays, the amount of music we have in our equipment is large, it is no longer possible to manage with the traditional system of filenames and directories. The most convenient way is to use the concept of libraries that handle the big market music players: iTunes, Amarok, Windows Media Player, Google Music, … etc.
The labels of music files contains all the information on artist, album, genre, title, lyrics … etc, associated with a song. This information is used by music players to manage their libraries. A good labeling enhances the user experience.
Do you want your music in the cloud? Then before, you have to check the tag information is correct before incorporating. If you do not, you will be unable to locate many of your songs.
- Complete file information from audio fingerprint (AcoustID database). This uses the service provided by AcoustId (http://acoustid.org). One colors simple system gives you information about your search results
- Locate the covers of your songs by the artist/album the song. The location of the cover image, uses Google image services. It also incorporates images that are in the directory you’re processing, treating them as potential cover images.
- Allows mass renaming music files on disk, based on the tag information. If in addition to either your tagged songs, you want the file names follow a pattern that identifies them, you can use this feature.
- Supports MP3, Ogg/Vorbis formats
- Mass-tagging of multiple files
- Auto enumerate the selected songs. In many cases, the songs do not have track numbers. With this feature, you can set the sequence numbers for all the songs on an album.
Cover Retriever is free software for Windows that makes it easy to add album cover art to mp3 and flac audio files on the computer.
Album cover finder
The search is based on data obtained from the file tags and processing through Google’s search engine. The drill is as easy as can be: you just have to select the folder that contains your audio files and let this app take care of the rest. You’ll have your covers in just seconds.
The tags search allows you to fill out audio file tags and find appropriate covers. The tags can be easily saved to the file by clicking one button. The search is based on the AcoustId service in order to get the best results.
RompЯ is a music player with the emphasis on discovery – discovering more about the music you know, and discovering new music you don’t know yet. RompЯ is an interface that runs in a web browser on any device and controls a music player which can be on any other device. I recommend using Mopidy as the music player. When used with Mopidy and a Spotify Premium subscription RompЯ is a powerful Spotify client with many music discovery features.
- Collectioniser sorts your music by artist and album
- Directory browser
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Spotify, Soundcloud, GMusic, etc support (with Mopidy),
- Add tracks from Spotify, Soundcloud, etc to the collection on the fly
- Web Radio support, automatic Spotify search for radio tracks you like
- Podcast search and subscribe
- Alarm Clock
- Sleep Timer
- Album Cover Art
- Last.FM Scrobbling
- Automatic on-the-fly playlist generation based on tags, ratings, popularity, your listening habits, etc
- Get biographies of artists from various sources
- Album and artist suggestions based on your listening habits
- UI themes
CD Art Display / Rainmeter interface plugin. Displays Foobar2000’s now playing artwork and info on the desktop.
Best level of equalization sound, convert to your audio format, listen to web radio, show music representations with spectrum and VU meters. Set equalization in played music, apply effects. Feel the difference and change your music listening experience.
- Play many formats
- Stream Web Radio
- Equalizer 31 bands (Left and Right)
- Find and download music
- Sound Effects
- Audio Converter
- Spectrum Analyzer
- VU Meter
- Tag Editor
- Lyrics in real time
- More accurate equalizer
- Equalizer Smooth control
- Music downloads more efficient
- Spectrum now in gradient or one color
- New engine for lyrics
- New engine for covers
- Cut Music (wav editor)
- CD Ripper
- Automatic Update
- Music Statistics
IDTE is a full featured tag editor for Windows which supports tagging of FLAC, APE, ID3V1.x/2.x, WMA, LYRICS, and VORBIS tags in audio files.
It also supports the playback of 40+ various lossy and lossless music formats such as FLAC, ALAC, OGG, APE, MP3 etc.
It can rename files based on the tag information, export tag information, create playlists, search for incomplete tags on Internet, fetch lyrics, fetch cover art, supports CUE sheets, can process multiple files at same time, allows for batch file processing, supports SFX, visualizations and more…