AlbumArtDownloader XUI – You know you want it…
This project is a rewrite of the Album Art Downloader code, using .NET Framework 3.5.
JAMin is the JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK) Audio Mastering interface. JAMin is an open source application designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams. It uses LADSPA for digital signal processing (DSP). JAMin is licensed under the GPL.
- Linear filters
- JACK I/O
- 30 band graphic EQ
- 1023 band hand drawn EQ with parametric controls
- Spectrum analyser
- 3 band peak compressor
- Lookahead brickwall limiter
- Multiband stereo processing
- Presets and scenes
- Loudness maximizer
FreePiano is a virtual MIDI keyboard and a VST host for MS Windows. You can use FreePiano to play piano with a computer keyboard or a MIDI keyboard with any VST instrument you like, or output through MIDI, or generate any MIDI message with any key on your keyboard. You can also record your song or export a MP4 movie to share with your friends.
VLevel keeps your music from making you jump out of your seat, and it keeps you from having to fiddle with the volume constantly. It’s different from other dynamic compressors because it looks ahead. You can think of VLevel as someone who knows your music by heart, and turns the volume up during quiet passages, but smoothly turns it back down when he knows a loud part is coming. It’s great for making CDs to listen to in your car, or to play background music on your computer.
WaveSurfer is an open source tool for sound visualization and manipulation. Typical applications are speech / sound analysis and sound annotation / transcription. WaveSurfer may be extended by plug-ins as well as embedded in other applications.
- Customizable – users can create their own configurations. Localization support.
- Extensible – new functionality can be added through a plugin architecture.
- Embeddable – WaveSurfer can be used as a widget in custom applications.
- Transcription file formats – reads, and writes HTK (and MLF), TIMIT, ESPS/Waves+, and Phondat. Support for encodings and Unicode.
- Multi-platform – Linux, OSX & Windows.
PoQStacker is a PC based MP3 and wav file music player with a playlist manager / organizer. If you have a CD or MP3 collection, PoQStacker will assist you in connecting you to your music.
- Floating Library
- CD Ripper
- WiFi / Network Ready
- Levelling / Normalisation
- Unlimited Playlists
- Resident DJ
MP3val is a small, high-speed, free software tool for checking MPEG audio files’ integrity. It can be useful for finding corrupted files (e.g. incompletely downloaded, truncated, containing garbage). MP3val is also able to fix most of the problems. Being a multi-platform application, MP3val can be run both under Windows and under Linux (or BSD).
The most common MPEG audio file type is MPEG 1 Layer III (mp3), but MP3val supports also other MPEG versions and layers. The tool is also aware of the most common types of tags (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2).
Frontend ~ github.com/cfgnunes/wxmp3val
VUPlayer is a freeware multi-format audio player for Windows
supporting the following formats:
- MOD – Sound / Noise / ProTracker
- MTM – MultiTracker
- S3M – ScreamTracker
- XM – FastTracker
- IT – ImpulseTracker
- MO3 – MO3 Packer
- MP3 – MPEG Audio
- MP4 – QuickTime MPEG-4 (AAC / Apple Lossless)
- MPC – Musepack
- OGG – Ogg Vorbis
- FLAC – Free Lossless Audio Codec
- APE – Monkey’s Audio
- WV – WavPack
- AIFF – Audio Interchange File Format
- WMA – Windows Media Audio
- WAV – Windows PCM / ACM
- MIDI – Musical Instrument Digital Interface
- CD – Audio CD
eSpeak is a compact open source Linux and Windows speech synthesizer for English and other languages. eSpeak uses a “formant synthesis” method. This allows many languages to be provided in a small size. The speech is clear, and can be used at high speeds, but is not as natural or smooth as larger synthesizers which are based on human speech recordings.
eSpeak is available as:
- A command line program (Linux and Windows) to speak text from a file or from stdin.
- A shared library version for use by other programs. (On Windows this is a DLL).
- A SAPI5 version for Windows, so it can be used with screen-readers and other programs that support the Windows SAPI5 interface.
- eSpeak has been ported to other platforms, including Android, Mac OSX and Solaris.