OpenSebJ is a free real time audio sample mixer that runs on Microsoft Windows. The source code for OpenSebJ is released under the GNU General Public License.
- Supports loading of 255 audio samples, in wav format, which can be played in real time.
- Sample properties such as volume, pan and frequency can be adjusted individually for each sample. (even during mid-play)
- A composition tool is provided and presented in a familiar multi-track sequencer environment. Looping compositions are also supported.
- Samples can be linked to keys on a keyboard and triggered in real time when a key press occurs.
- Each sample can also have the play cursor position adjusted while the sample is playing, to provide a virtual needle to be moved.
- Stream to disk recording, allows all audio played from OpenSebJ to be saved.
- Pitch shifter roll, allows an order to be set up, so that each time a sample is played, the next pitch shift in the sequence is undertaken before the sample is played. i.e. set up a sample to key ‘1’, then set up a pitch shift sequence, high, mid, low, higher, etc. (using frequency values which are transposed onto screen ‘ranges’ to allow easier utilization).